Search This Blog

Thursday 25 August 2016

17 Things That Bible Does For The Believers

1. Bible Upholds The Believers
Sustain me, my God, according to your promise, and I will live; do not let my hopes be dashed (Ps. 119:116).

2. Bible Guides The Believers
Direct my footsteps according to your word; let no sin rule over me (Ps. 119:133).

3. Bible Produces Joy for The Believers
I rejoice in your promise like one who finds great spoil (Ps. 119:162).

4. Bible Strengthens The Believers
My soul is weary with sorrow; strengthen me according to your word (Ps. 119:28). I write to you, dear children, because you know the Father. I write to you, fathers, because you know him who is from the beginning. I write to you, young men, because you are strong, and the word of God lives in you, and you have overcome the evil one. (1 John 2:14)

5. Bible Gives Hope for The Believers
May those who fear you rejoice when they see me, for I have put my hope in your word. My soul faints with longing for your salvation, but I have put my hope in your word (Ps. 119:74, 81)

6. Bible Gives Light to The Believers
Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path. The unfolding of your words gives light;  it gives understanding to the simple (Ps 119:105,130).

7. Bible Gives Understanding for The Believers
May my cry come before you, Lord; give me understanding according to your word (Ps 119:169).

8. Bible Shows God's Will for The Believers
Anyone who chooses to do the will of God will find out whether my teaching comes from God or whether I speak on my own. Sanctify them by the truth; your word is truth (John 7:17; 17:17).

9. Bible Builds Up The Believers
Now I commit you to God and to the word of his grace, which can build you up and give you an inheritance among all those who are sanctified (Acts 20:32).

10. Bible Produces Fruit in The Believers
If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. This is to my Father’s glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples (John 15:7-8).

11. Bible Convicts of Sin 
For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart (Heb 4:12).

12. Bible Converts the Soul
But these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name (John 20:31). He chose to give us birth through the word of truth, that we might be a kind of first fruits of all he created (James 1:18). For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God (1 Peter 1:23).

13. Bible Cleanses the Conscience of The Believers
You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you (John 15:3).

14. Bible Consecrates The Believers
Sanctify them by[a] the truth; your word is truth (John 17:17).

15. Bible Corrects the Wrong of The Believers
All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work (2 Tim 3:16, 17).

16. Bible Confirms the Right for The Believers
To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, “If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples (John 8:31). All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness (2 Tim 3:16).

17. Bible Comforts the Heart of The Believers

My comfort in my suffering is this: Your promise preserves my life. Your decrees are the theme of my song wherever I lodge (Ps. 119:50, 54).




No comments:

Post a Comment