Search This Blog

Sunday 25 September 2016

Praise And Worship

I. What is Worship? 
1. Worship is opening your heart to God
2. Worship is inviting the presence of God to dwell with you
3. Worship is praising God as your Creator
4. Worship is exalting Him as the God of love
5. Worship is honoring and thanking God for all He has done for us
6. Worship is thanking Jesus for all He accomplished on the cross
7. Worship is coming in contact with all that God is
8. Worship is allowing God’s holiness to touch you
9. Worship is offering yourself to the Lord
10. Worship is demonstrating your love for God
11. Worship is affirming your loyalty to the Lord
12. Worship is lifting your heart and mind to God
13. Worship is preparing to receive all that God has for you
14. Worship is acknowledging God as almighty and all-powerful

II. How Worshipping God Affects Me
1. Worship requires an act of my will
2. Worship is a choice I make every day
3. Worship softens my heart and builds my faith
4. Worship enables me to become more like the Lord
5. Worship is a powerful weapon of my spiritual warfare
6. Worship helps me to hear God speaking to my heart
7. Worship evaporates all my fears
8. Worship invites God to pour Himself into me
9. Worship deepens my relationship with the Lord
10. Worship changes my mind, heart, and attitude.

III. What happen When Praise Given to God?
1. Praise Brings God in the Midst of You-Tabernacle  
2. Praise Brings the Glory of God- Temple of Solomon
3. Praise makes the forts of enemy to fall- The wall of Jericho
4. Praise makes enemy to flee
5. Praise discloses the mysteries
6. Praise breaks the chains
7. Praise overcomes the all fears

IV. Who praises God? 
1. Ps. 148:10 says, Whole Earth Praises God
2. Ps. 69:34 says, Heaven praises God
3. Isa. 6:3 says, Angels praise God
4. Ps. 148:2 Heavenly hosts praise God
5. Ps. 148: 3 says, Sun and Moon praise God
6. Ps. 148: 3 says,  Stars of the heaven praise God
7. Ps. 148: 4 says,  All the waters of sky praise God
8. Ps. 148: 7 says, Sea Praises Praise God
9. Ps. 148: 7 says, All living creatures praise God
10. Ps. 148: 8 says, Lightning Praises God
11. Ps. 148: 8 says, Hail Praises God
12. Ps. 148: 8 says,  All the wind Praises God
13. Ps. 148: 8 says, Snow praises God
14. Ps. 148: 8 says, Clouds Praise God
15. Ps. 148: 9 says, Mountains and hills Praise God
16. Ps. 148: 9 says, All trees praise God
17. Ps. 148: 10 says, Wild animals and cattle praise God
18. Ps. 148: 10 says, Small and flying creatures praise God
19. Ps. 148: 11 says, Kings of all nation praise God
20. Ps. 148: 11 says, All rulers of the earth praise God
21. Ps. 148: 12 says, Young and maidens praise God
22. Ps. 148: 12 says, Old and Children praise God

V. Why I Give Praise to God? 

1. I praise God because He is worthy of my praise

“Give to the LORD the glory due His name; bring an offering, and come into His courts. Oh, worship the LORD in the beauty of holiness! Tremble before Him, all the earth” (Psalm 96:8-9).
 
 2. I praise God because it brings me into His Presence

“Oh come, let us sing to the LORD! Let us shout joyfully to the Rock of our salvation. Let us come before His presence with thanksgiving; let us shout joyfully to Him with psalms. For the LORD is the great God, and the great King above all gods” (Psalm 95:1-3).

 3. I praise God because He hears my prayers

 “Now we know that God does not hear sinners; but if anyone is a worshiper of God and does His will, He hears him” (John 9:31).
 
 4. I praise God because it brings pleasure to my soul

“Praise the LORD! For it is good to sing praises to our God; for it is pleasant, and praise is beautiful” (Psalm 147:1).
   
5. I praise God because He does so much for me

“He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds. He counts the number of the stars; He calls them all by name. Great is our Lord, and mighty in power; His understanding is infinite. The LORD lifts up the humble; He casts the wicked down to the ground. Sing to the LORD with thanksgiving; sing praises on the harp to our God” (Psalm 147:3-7).
 
 6. I praise God because He guides me in all things

“I will bless the LORD who has given me counsel; my heart also instructs me in the night seasons. I have set the LORD always before me; because He is at my right hand I shall not be moved. Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoices; my flesh also will rest in hope” (Psalm 16:7-9).
 
 7. I praise God because He delivers me and sets me free

“Offer to God thanksgiving, and pay your vows to the Most High. Call upon Me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you shall glorify Me” (Psalm 50:14-15).
 
 8. I praise God because He saves me in every way possible

“Whoever offers praise glorifies Me; and to him who orders his conduct aright I will show the salvation of God” (Psalm 50:23).
   
9. I praise God because He protects me in times of trouble

“He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, ‘He is my refuge and my fortress; my God, in Him I will trust.’ Surely He shall deliver you from the snare of the fowler and from the perilous pestilence… He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him and honor him. With long life I will satisfy him, and show him My salvation” (Psalm 91:1-3, 15-16).
 
10. I praise God because He heals me and gives me life

“I will extol You, O LORD, for You have lifted me up, and have not let my foes rejoice over me. O LORD my God, I cried out to You, and You healed me. O LORD, You brought my soul up from the grave; You have kept me alive, that I should not go down to the pit. Sing praise to the LORD, you saints of His, and give thanks at the remembrance of His holy name” (Psalm 30:1-4).

No comments:

Post a Comment